We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
166 Geary St #900 San Francisco, CA 94108 US
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Our client is a thesis-driven, early growth investor for exceptional entrepreneurs building enterprise software companies. Every investment matters. They believe that building companies that change markets takes time, focus, and unwavering partnership. Their job is to offer relevant advice and bespoke support to each of the founders they partner with, helping them navigate the journey with insight, experience, and empathy.
LOCATION: San Francisco (Presidio), CA. Hybrid. In office 3+ days/week.
Company Description: The Company is a leading venture capital firm specializing in funding exceptional entrepreneurs building enterprise software companies. Their firm is known for its hands-on approach and meticulous attention to detail in managing financial operations. They pride themselves on their commitment to providing strategic guidance and support to their portfolio companies.
Job Summary: As the VP Finance, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the venture capital firm. Working closely with the founding General Partner, you will ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data, manage day-to-day accounting activities, and provide valuable insights to support decision-making processes. Additionally, you will be responsible for overseeing a fund administrator, ensuring their adherence to best practices and maintaining effective communication. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, a strong understanding of financial principles, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Financial Management: Oversee all financial aspects of the venture capital firm, including budgeting, forecasting, and accuracy of financial reporting prepared by the fund administrator.
- Fund Administrator Oversight: Serve as the primary point of contact for the fund administrator, ensuring accurate and timely reporting, adherence to established processes, and resolution of any issues.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare timely and accurate ad hoc reports, and analyses for management, investors, and regulatory compliance.
- Cash Flow Management: Monitor cash flow and liquidity, ensuring the availability of funds for investments, distributions and operational expenses.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with management to develop and maintain budgets and financial forecasts, providing regular updates and insights on financial performance.
- Compliance and Auditing: Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, tax regulations, and audit requirements.
- Internal Controls: Establish and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard assets, prevent fraud, and maintain data integrity.
- Investor Relations: Support investor relations activities and addressing investor inquiries related to financial matters.
- Process Improvement: Continuously assess and enhance financial processes, systems, and reporting tools to optimize efficiency and accuracy.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including investment professionals and legal counsel, to provide financial guidance and support throughout the investment lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA certification is preferred.
- Proven experience with a minimum of 3 years as a Controller or similar role in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment, preferably within the venture capital or private equity industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting standards, and regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency in advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and handle multiple priorities with strict deadlines.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in managing audits and interacting with external auditors.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards and confidentiality.