We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Sr. Manager or Associate Director Clinical Finance
601 Gateway Blvd South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
LOCATION: South San Francisco. The team is working in the office 2-3 days/week.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Sr Manager/Associate Director of Clinical Finance will be a Finance Business Partner between Finance and the Clinical Operations team focusing on forecasting and financial close for Clinical Trials. The role will focus on the analytics that support budgets, forecasting, financial close, and reporting for the Company's robust and growing pipeline. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, show an initiative to learn, embrace a collaborative approach, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- The Sr Manager/Associate Director of Clinical Finance will support the development of enterprise-level financial planning, including an annual multiyear budget, semi-annual forecast, and strategic initiatives, incorporating sensitivity and risk analysis and generating departmental budgets and targets for the organization
- Clinical Trials forecasting, financial close, and Reporting processes
- Monthly R&D accrual process, including clinical trials
- Clinical Trials Metrics Forecast Reporting
- Monthly and quarterly financial performance reporting and communications, including variance analysis to functional leaders, company management, and the Board of Directors.
- Implement the Company’s FP&A tool and ongoing support
- Review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities, and trends to provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis input to drive decision-making.
- Understand and maintain Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) documentation and requirements for assigned area
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as assigned and perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of related experience with success in a growth company
- Experience in the biotech or pharmaceuticals industry required
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP accounting and finance, including preparing financial statements and forecasts
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be capable of building solid relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly organized, and resourceful
- Must possess an exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills.
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience supporting clinical trials is a plus.