We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Sr. Fund Accountant
1 Letterman Drive Building C Suite 420 San Francisco, CA 94101 US
Senior Fund Accountant
Our client, a top-tier venture capital firm in San Francisco, is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant to join their team. With $8B+ AUM, they have invested in some of the most recognizable startups over the last couple of decades. As the firm prepares to launch another fund, this high visibility role will help with the increasing workload and report directly into the CFO. This is a high-energy and fast-paced environment that is looking for a dynamic and creative mindset.
• Prepare financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis for several funds, which includes updating investment schedules, partner equity allocations and analyzing complex investment transactions
• Assist in the portfolio company valuations
• Determine cash needs and oversee capital calls/distributions
• Assist with audits, tax return review, fundraising and annual meeting activities
• Electronically distribute financials, K-1s, capital call and distribution notices to limited partners
• Respond to confirmation/information requests from audit firms/investors
• Monthly reconciliation of all cash accounts and prompt research and correction of any variances/communicate such variances to team to inform or aid in resolution
• Monthly reconciliation of SPAs/cap tables/term-sheets
• Manage all aspects of accounting for the management company
• Manage outside vendor relationships and obtain/track W-9s to perform 1099s
• Perform special projects as needed
• 3 to 5 years total experience; 2+ years of public accounting experience preferred
• Venture Capital/Private Equity experience preferred
• CPA or similar international qualification preferred
• Proficient with various software applications, specifically QuickBooks, Investran and Excel preferred
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $125,000-$155,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.