We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Sr. Fund Accountant
245 Lytton Ave #125 Palo Alto, CA 94301 US
Our client provides late-stage venture capital to technology companies.
They exist to help teams build market-leading companies in the technology markets that matter.
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA. Hybrid. 3 days/week.
The Company is searching for a Senior Fund Accountant to join the strong, existing accounting/finance team. The Fund Accountant will work closely with members of the finance and investment team. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player, be an effective communicator and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Funds & Co?Investment Vehicles
- Recording of accounting entries and maintain fund general ledgers in accounting software system.
- Preparing quarterly close and required entries/reconciliations/investment roll forwards.
- Drafting of quarterly and annual reports
- Execution and recording of capital calls, distributions.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and ensure accuracy of broker statements.
- Management Company & LLC Entities
- Record all accounting entries.
- Responsible for processing weekly accounts payable
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare quarterly intercompany reconciliation and settlement.
- Annually update fixed asset register and calculate depreciation expense.
- Monthly record American Express bill
- LP Management & Communication
- Update and manage Salesforce database of LP contact information.
- Distribute LP communications including financial reports, capital call/distribution notices.
- Respond to LP confirms and data requests in a timely fashion.
- Support preparation of tax schedules used to generate tax returns & K?1s.
- Annual Audit
- Prepare and organize required materials for auditors.
- Assist with auditor inquiries.
- Portfolio Company Tracking
- Update fund investment listings quarterly
- Ensure that individual portfolio investment files have all required documents and are filed appropriately.
- Portfolio Company Valuation
- Assist with quarterly portfolio company valuations including gathering and organizing relevant information.
- Assist with valuation calculations/approach.
- Coordinate with the auditors on valuation matters
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related degree equivalent
- Must have at least 3+ years of public accounting or relevant VCPE industry experience.
- Understanding of GAAP fund accounting
- Proficiency in Excel/Word/QuickBooks
- Strong sense of responsibility to own and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Solid analytical skills, ability to multi?task along with high attention to detail
- Ability, and enjoy, wearing many hats/roles (do what needs to get done)
- Highly confident but without ego
- Works well with team and seeks overall team success.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $110,000-$135,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.