We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Senior SEC Reporting Analyst
1020 Kifer Rd Sunnyvale, CA 94086 US
Our client is a pioneer and global leader in the medical robotics space. For more than 25 years, they have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients.
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA. Hybrid - currently in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Primary Function of Position:
The Sr. Analyst, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best in class financial reporting. It is a highly visible role that frequently interacts with executive management as part of managing the financial reporting process. The SEC Reporting team manages all external reporting processes, including 10-Q’s and 10-K’s, as well as earnings releases and proxy statement filings. In addition to these responsibilities, you will also play an integral part in assisting the Investor Relations department in preparing for our quarterly earnings release and related communications.
This role offers a great opportunity to work closely with a wide range of the Company’s accounting and finance departments, including Investor Relations, Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Stock Administration, and Legal departments. This will allow you to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development. The Company’s operations have grown significantly over the past several years and this role provides the opportunity to see various transactions.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career, and we are committed to providing an environment that fosters career growth and development. We look to hire high-quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, this is the role for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of all external financial reporting, including Forms 10-K/10-Q, earnings releases, proxy statement, and other required SEC filings.
- Assist in preparation of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, and other financial disclosure requirements with such filings.
- Coordinate the information gathering process across the organization and interact with the Company’s external auditors.
- Prepare the quarterly SEC reporting binders, which includes the supporting documents for the SEC filings.
- Review XBRL interactive data files for all Form 10-Q and 10-K filings in accordance with the SEC filing requirements.
- Research, document, record, and communicate technical accounting matters as they arise.
- Assist with the accounting and documentation for acquisitions, including performance of valuation and opening balance sheet procedures and integration of the acquiree.
- Perform global accounting for share-based compensation awards, including RSUs, stock options, and ESPP by performing the valuation of compensation granted, calculation of monthly expense, and forecasting future impact to the Company.
- Maintain the accounting for the global lease portfolio in accordance with ASC 842, including recording of quarterly journal entries, evaluation of new leases entered into, procedures around embedded leases, and assistance with migration to a new lease tool.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to SEC Reporting, leasing, and share-based compensation in accordance with our SOX requirements.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing monitoring of significant new accounting pronouncements, including ongoing communication with other company organizations.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience, including a minimum of 2 years of Big Four public accounting experience.
- Sound GAAP knowledge and SOX experience as well as good background with SEC filings.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Experience in auditing or implementing SEC filing processes, including implementing processes to efficiently audit or gather appropriate supporting documentation will be viewed positively.
- Results-oriented, strong organizational skills, and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate with all levels of the organization (cross-functionally).
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and question data for reasonableness, proper accounting, and consistency.
- Seek to continuously improve current processes and procedures.
- Extended hours during peak filing times required.
- Experience with SAP and Wdesk is a plus.
Due to the nature of their business and the role, please note that our client and/or customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
The company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. They provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
They will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure:$105,000-$120,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.