We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Senior Revenue Accountant
5403 Betsy Ross Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 US
Our client is the global leader in developing and commercializing products to transform the treatment of cardiovascular disease. They are a hi-growth, publicly traded company whose Q2 revenues increased 49% over the same period in 2022. They are continuing to grow both internationally and domestically.
The company went public less than 5 years ago and they continue to develop the infrastructure to support becoming a $1B company. Candidates who thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environments will find this to be a great fit. They also recently announced an acquisition and there could be more acquisitions to come. The finance and accounting group also has team events offsite quarterly.
LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA. Hybrid. Finance is there 3 days per week and flexible on the days.
The Sr. Revenue Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day aspects of the Company's revenue operations and will play a critical role in building the company’s overall Finance team. The ideal candidate has an exceptional work ethic and is ready to roll up their sleeves. Additionally, the candidate should be comfortable operating in a fast-moving, high-growth environment. The Sr. Revenue Accountant will report directly to Associate Director, Accounting.
Essential Job Functions
- Own revenue the recognition process along with close activities including reviewing revenue transactions, preparing journal entries, schedules, internal reporting, and reconciling accounts.
- Prepare deferred revenue and sales cutoff related accounting entries to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare and keep track of revenue adjustments, pending sales returns or re-bills on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Review revenue transactions on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Work with the customer service team to address adjustments to revenue as needed.
- Prepare and analyze revenue reporting and analytics on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Understand and apply proper GAAP accounting to revenue related transactions.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing internal controls, policies, and procedures and the related documentation and record-keeping compliance.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline processes.
- Support external audit requirements.
- Drive any system implementation to improve the revenue recognition process.
- Develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners, including customer service, sales operations, accounts receivables and IT to drive improvement initiatives and implement changes.
- Work with the FP&A team to understand key revenue metrics and trends for internal and external reporting.
- Assist the AR/Collections team as needed.
- Support accounting team's commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP and the Company's internal controls (SOX).
- Play key role in building out the accounting team and infrastructure to support the company’s rapid growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of accounting-related work experience,
- Public companies experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Revenue recognition experience, specifically ASC 606
- Advance Excel skills, with the ability to analyze, manipulate and organize large amounts of data.
- Prior experience undergoing annual financial audits in a meaningful role.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- CPA; advanced degree in accounting preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Operate as a team and/or independently while demonstrating flexibility to changing requirements.
Personal attributes required include:
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels in the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and function independently, driven towards superior effort and performance and the desire to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to a team approach and awareness of team and individual success dependencies.