We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Senior Corporate Accountant
1050 Ralston Ave Belmont, CA 94002 US
Our client is the premier real estate management firm in Northern California, managing a diverse portfolio of office, retail, industrial, and multi-family properties valued at over $3 billion. With more than four decades of industry experience and expertise, the company delivers comprehensive real estate management services to both institutional and individual clients. They proudly maintain a regional focus, managing properties exclusively in Northern California. This competitive advantage not only supports our hands-on management policy, but also provides them an exclusive in-depth knowledge of all sub-markets within the region and allows us to provide customized strategies for each property. They understand that their industry is complex, but know that our approach is clear – to exceed their clients’ expectations and provide personalized customer service.
Belmont, CA. Employees are back in the office and are currently on a hybrid schedule with the expectation that employees will be in the office two to three days a week.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The position is primarily responsible for the corporate accounting and financial reporting of corporate entities.
- Process day to day corporate transactions in accordance with GAAP utilizing RealPage software.
- Property Mgmt Fee collection and recording in RealPage and in Excel.
- A/R billing for property bill backs
- Check scanning to bank for all corporate cash receipts
- Accounts Payable processing for all corporate entities: coding, workflow coordination and payment of all corporate invoices utilizing both RealPage and AvidXchange.
- Preparation of all monthly and annual reports and consolidated financial statements, supporting schedules and analyses for four corporate entities.
- Scheduled monthly preparation of all regular and ad hoc management reports (due by the 20th every month)
- Prepare monthly corporate budget variance report for 4 corporate entities.
- Evaluate significant accounting transactions; research and implement relevant accounting technical standards
- Bank reconciliations for all corporate entities and payroll accounts.
- Assist in the management of cash flow and cash requirements for four corporate entities
- Assist with report creation in our payroll system (Ultimate Payroll) and also specific property and/or employee detail analysis.
- Assist in providing information supporting the annual tax return, audit and review. Work with outside auditors.
- Preparation of four annual corporate entity budgets with assistance from CFO
- Assist CFO is calculating year end Shareholder distributions and maintaining worksheets.
- Monitor and maintain shareholder ownership schedules, options and note receivables.
- AvidXchange Administrator for all corporate entities. Work with CFO to determine best practices for better paperless invoice processing to reduce corporate to property billbacks.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
Education/Experience: Requires a minimum of a 4 year degree: Bachelors of Science – Business, Accounting emphasis and at least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Language Ability: Effective oral and written communication skills with customers, coworkers and management. Ability to read and comprehend reports and invoices. Ability to write basic correspondence.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Must have excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, bonuses, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure:$110,000-$140,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.