We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Senior Accounting Manager
900 Congress Ave Austin, TX 78701 US
Our client is a nationwide company that provides affordable health care plans. It is a new kind of employer-sponsored health insurance based on affordability, engagement and simplicity. From routine appointments to more significant health issues, members will experience $0 deductibles and $0 copays for one competitive monthly premium.
They have a nationwide provider network that enables members to access their favorite doctors and facilities. A virtual urgent care can be accessed through a partnership to see a doctor in 10 minutes for less. Members also have access to one of the largest drug formularies with an extensive list of $0 preferred prescriptions when filled at the
LOCATION: Austin, TX. Hybrid.
This will be in-office 5 days to start. Can transition to hybrid 3 days.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Company is looking for a manager to senior manager level person that is looking to obtain accelerated learning and career growth in a dynamic environment. This role will work closely and report to the Director of Accounting/Controller to oversee aspects of accounting for the company including the health insurance company. An effective professional in this position will have a solid knowledge of accounting processes and principles including for health insurance companies. You must be a highly organized professional able to motivate a team and improve processes. The goal is to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company compliant with all regulatory requirements and ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
- Ensure proper general ledger accounting to ensure regulatory compliance including intercompany transactions and charges.
- Design processes and work with the rest of the accounting team to meet statutory accounting requirements and liaise with the external statutory audit firm and complete the statutory audit.
- Manage the IBNR and other insurance related reserves and reinsurance matters, working closely with the risk management team.
- Complete medical loss ratio annual filing with CMS
- Seek areas to improve efficiency by improving workflow, setting up automation or better use of the existing accounting system.
- Establish and maintain internal controls.
- Implement policies and procedures relating to accounting in the health insurance entities.
- Work with AP and team to ensure proper identification in booking of medical expenses and fication of MLR QIA’s.
- Train staff in insurance company and TPA accounting and other special projects and duties as needed.
- CPA preferred
- Experience in Big 4 public accounting
- 4+ years of healthcare accounting
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem solving skills
- VBA or similar health insurance software a plus.