We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Walnut Creek, CA 94595 US
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Our client is the nation’s leading home solar, storage, and energy services company. The Company’s innovative home storage solution brings families affordable, resilient, and reliable energy. The company can also manage and share stored solar energy to provide benefits to households, utilities, and the electric grid while reducing our reliance on polluting energy sources.
LOCATION: This position can be fully remote. Pacific and Central time will work best, but they are not opposed to someone from the East Coast.
The Senior Accountant position is a critical role to support the revenue function of the Accounting department and the rapidly growing new products and competitive pricing initiatives. This role ensures proper accounting of sales, accurate customer invoicing and timely applications of proceeds from lenders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconcile to ensure system sales to customers are properly invoiced and revenue accounted accurately by adaptive reconciliations that are scalable to accommodate sales growth.
- Review any customers’ disputes or requests relating to the customer system sales invoices by researching and revising the billed amounts as necessary.
- Work with the Retail Costco Customer Escalation team to review any customer issues related to invoices for systems purchased through Costco channel and make necessary adjustment.
- Reconcile to ensure that loan receipts from lenders are complete and accurate in lieu of payments from customers.
- Timely recording disbursement of loan funding transactions.
- Manipulate and reconcile large volume of data in Excel from sources such as Oracle and Salesforce and perform monthly reconciliations and prepare entries to correct discrepancies.
- Assist in timely and accurate AR sub ledger close and month end close.
- Assist with projects and other ad hoc accounting duties as required.
- Assist in financial audit request and SOX compliance activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting
- Knowledge of operating and reporting structures and financial policies and procedures
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and performs effective self-reviews
- Is accountable
- Takes ownership
- Demonstrates initiative to ask about new learning opportunities
- Must be results-oriented with an ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Interested in building the skills to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Interested in building the skills to become familiar with technical and operational issues
- Pull, structure and analyze large datasets, with data coming from a variety of sources including but not limited to Oracle, Salesforce
- Strong knowledge of Excel required
- Knowledge of Oracle Applications-R12 preferred