We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
1 Letterman Drive San Francisco, CA 94129 US
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Our client is a family office and alternative investment firm located in San Francisco. They strive to hire individuals interested in performing in challenging and demanding roles. Job experience, skills, and an excellent attitude are all equally critical to succeed in the role. The position described below requires a customer support orientation, a disposition to work and assist others to maximize productivity and efficiency. Previous experience in a small organization with a complex business and performing a diversity of responsibilities would be helpful to be in tune with this position. This role is approximately 50% focused on the principal’s personal finances and 50% focused on the principal’s personal investment vehicles and foundation (venture capital strategy).
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA. Hybrid. They work in the office 1-2 days/week.
- Reconcile all personal bank accounts: UK and US
- Monitor bank balances in all personal accounts and other investment vehicles
- Produce personal balance sheet for Principal using QuickBooks/Investran
- Maintain the accounting system (QuickBooks/Investran) for personal books and investment vehicles. This will include entering transactions into the system
- Import credit card transactions, bank transactions
- Input investments balances (from related company accounting group)
- Design and produce cash flow statement by investment
- Design and implement (in partnership with Technology Team) aggregated reports for Principal
- Review vineyard financials and reconcile transactions against internal records and outside accounting records.
- Review/coordinate payments, contributions for vineyard cash accounts
- Manage tax return process for Principal’s personal tax returns and other investment vehicles
- Provide full administrative oversight for family office entities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or other related field
- 5 years of accounting experience (experience within a VC or PE firm is a plus)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices (CPA is a plus)
- Should have experience with QuickBooks or very similar accounting software
- Must be analytical, strong organizational and execution skills, detail oriented, and be able to identify solutions and approaches to problems
- Strong multi-tasking skills, ability to manage high volume workload
- Collaborative style and an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment