We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
San Francisco, CA 94016 US
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Our client is a women’s fashion and apparel company located in San Francisco with 13 boutiques located across the US, and a vibrant on-line presence. The Company designs and distributes product from its San Francisco headquarters.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA . The expectation is that the Senior Accountant will be in the office 5 days per week to start and eventually will have flexibility to work from home 1-2 days per week. The office is accessible to Muni in SF and with plenty of parking.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Company is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Accountant with experience in women’s fashion and consumer retail. The job is “on -site”. You will work in a 3-person team and you will be integral to supporting the efficient financial running of the Company. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day operation of financial, accounting, administrative and payroll systems at MOL Inc. SCOPE This position reports to the Controller and is responsible for timely and efficient general ledger close, balance sheet, income statement analysis and supporting schedules. The position requires ability to work diligently under multiple deadlines and coordinate workflows. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute day to day financial operations.
- General ledger entries, account reconciliations and month-end close
- Ownership of all transactions and journal entries to ensure system accuracy.
- Oversee established purchasing practices; monitor the purchasing system
- Own and manage AR.
- Payroll and Human Resource administration
- Own and manage employee benefits,eg medical,401k,Pto,Esop,commuter.
- Run Payroll 2x monthly across multiple states.
- Own and manage on boarding and off boarding including background checks
- Oversee financial aspects of Retail Operations
- Own the lease schedule of the 14 locations.
- Manage the issuance and maintenance of store business licenses
- Provide month-end Sales reports for the Retail stores.
- State and County Sales tax filings and payments.
- Office management
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
- Respond to IT issues & inquiries
- Expertise with computerized accounting programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Pivot tables
- Capability to close monthly books and prepare financial statements & reports.
- Experience with payroll systems and reporting
- Experience administering similar company policies and procedures
- Retail & Garment industry experience, (including experience with factoring) required
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in written.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $95,000-$125,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.