We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Revenue Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA 94134 US
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Our client is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Their purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on. Today, neighbors rely on the Company in more than 305,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA. Hybrid. They are in the process of transitioning back to the office three days/week (T, W, R) – they will be fully transitioned by January.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Meet Your Future Neighbors The Finance organization is made up of highly motivated, high performing individuals who are continually looking to find efficiencies through process improvement and automation. They work hard but also know how to have fun and work cohesively as a team. They enjoy partnering cross functionally and strive to be exceptional business partners.
The Company offers a warm and inclusive work environment that embraces a hybrid employment experience, providing a flexible experience for our valued employees. The Impact You’ll Make As a Revenue Accounting Manager, you will have a wide scope and will be the core member of our revenue team. You will balance timely and accurate month-end revenue reporting with ongoing cross-functional partnership for a number of revenue projects to support our growing business. You will partner closely with leaders from Sales, Sales Operations, Account Management, Accounts Receivable, Product, Engineering, Business Systems, and our Finance & Strategy team. Your focus will be full-scope revenue accounting, including technical revenue considerations in partnership with our Technical Accounting Team and monthly revenue close for both enterprise and small business revenue through payment processors. This is an area of growth and change within the organization, and you will help put the foundation in place for the next stage of revenue growth as a public company. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic, self-starter with great communication skills and prior experience establishing best practices in a changing environment. This person ideally is focused on continuous improvement and demonstrates a high attention to detail. This role will be an individual contributor reporting directly to the Head of Accounting, and will partner extremely closely with the recently created Deal Desk Lead role.
You should be excited to show up every day with a team player mentality and help in whatever capacity is needed, however your core job responsibilities will include the following:
- Own and maintain documentation of revenue accounting policy under ASC 606, in partnership with the Technical Accounting Team
- Perform monthly close activities including journal entries, revenue trend analysis, preparation of monthly entries for multiple revenue streams
- Analyze monthly billing and revenue for discrepancies, customer billing errors, and other issues that should be researched and resolved or brought to management’s attention
- Work extremely closely with the Product, Engineering, and Business Systems to make improvements in reporting and accounting for our self-serve payments business
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Support our Finance & Strategy team in ad hoc analysis as needed to improve company forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of revenue-related information for external audits and internal controls testing
- Propose best in class solutions for efficient, scalable and accurate account reconciliations
- Be proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements
- Participate in in-person company events, trainings, off-sites, volunteer days, and other team building exercises
- Build in-person relationships with team members and contribute to the KIND culture that the company values
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility within accounting and revenue roles, preferably in some part at a public company
- Some Big 4 public accounting experience preferred with minimum 2 years industry experience
- Experience accounting for payment processors (i.e. Stripe, Adyen, Braintree) required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience reviewing contracts
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ideally at a public company with SOX
- Proficiency with enterprise accounting software (Workday, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP) and a proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Self-directed, able to perform responsibilities independently with minimal direction
- Strong desire to be a team player and help in whatever capacity possible
- Willing and eager to learn!
- A passion for company mission and values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA is a plus