We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
MS Dynamics Implementation Project Manager
2090 Woodward St Austin, TX 78744 US
MS Dynamics Implementation Project Manager (Contract)
Our client, an Austin-based international manufacturing company, is looking for an Implementation Project Manager to support their implementation of a new ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics). The ideal candidate has proven experience implementing MS Dynamics, strong communication skills, experience in the CPG and/or retail spaces, managing system integration consulting firms, and the management of the internal business and technology teams.
This role will be on site, in a hybrid capacity, at their offices located in Austin, TX, and will have a duration of 18-24 months.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a comprehensive project plan that outlines the project's scope, schedule, budget, and resources required.
- Establish a project team, define roles and responsibilities, and create a communication plan that includes regular status updates and stakeholder engagement.
- Work closely with stakeholders, including the executive team, department managers, IT personnel, and end-users, to ensure the ERP system meets the organization's requirements and objectives; develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, communicate project updates, and manage expectations to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Establish a project budget, track costs, and report on budget variances; identify cost-saving opportunities and develop contingency plans to manage project costs effectively.
- Identify project risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate these risks; proactively identify risks and develop a risk management plan that includes risk assessment, risk response, and risk monitoring.
- Manage project resources, including project team members, vendors, and contractors. Ensure that the project team is appropriately staffed, trained, and motivated to achieve project objectives; manage vendor and contractor relationships to ensure that deliverables are met within budget and on schedule.
- Manage highly complex business issues arising from the implementation of new processes or functions
- Ensure project tasks are completed on time and to the required quality standards; establish quality control processes, conduct regular quality audits, and work with stakeholders to develop corrective actions when necessary.
- Manage integration of solution(s) into enterprise technical architecture and business environment.
- Responsible for managing relationship with consultant project manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case, and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users.
- Develop and execute a change management plan that includes stakeholder engagement, communication, and training to ensure that end-users are prepared for the new system's implementation; manage changes to the project scope, schedule, and budget, and ensure that stakeholders are informed of these changes.
- Ensure the successful transfer of knowledge from the implementation team to the postimplementation support organization and to all employees affected by the implementation
- Successfully completed ERP project (e.g., an ERP project that realized its anticipated business benefits and was delivered in a timely manner within budgetary boundaries) utilizing the same software (version, if possible) that is being implemented in the same or similar industry sector (CPG Retail).
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in project management, including experience managing ERP implementations
- Extensive experience managing system integration (SI) consultants or prior experience working in an SI or other consulting firm.
- PMP certification or equivalent project management certification preferred
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation.
- Business application life cycle management
- System development life cycle management
- Budget planning and management
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems and implementation methodologies
- Knowledge of project management tools and software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to easily earn trust across all levels of an organization
- Basic knowledge or exposure to cloud infrastructure and migration, and integration with various software solutions
- Ability to handle changing priorities, deal with ambiguity and use good judgment in stressful situations; ability to make on-time decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to present information in different forums and with all/multiple levels of leadership
- Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service