We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Interim Sr. Cost Accountant
600 Chesapeak Drive Redwood City, CA 94063 US
Our client, a Medical Equipment Manufacturing company, is looking for an Interim Sr. Cost Accountant to support their team by owning the cost data that informs operational decision making, as well as working with teams from across the business to understand and build effective cost models.
This role is open to a 100% remote consultant, and will have a duration of 4+ months. This role will report to their Controller.
- Perform standard Month-end close Procedures (post JE’s, reconcile accounts, etc.)
- Cost new parts, and assist daily business to ensure roadblocks are minimized
- Develop/enhance efficient costing methodologies across different products
- Analyze variances against those costs and help drive the organization to find efficiencies in processes
- Assist with periodic/yearly Inventory Counts
- Provide all direction for cost accounting related activities
- Interact with financial management, general management and external auditors
- Bachelors in accounting, finance, or similar field required
- CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Cost Accounting, 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience working with MS Excel and office skills including Windows, Outlook and MS Office
- Strong understanding of cost accounting
- Ability to collaborate within the Accounting organization and with other teams (Supply Chain, Operations, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Willingness to build cost functionality from ground up
- Strong understanding of GAAP