We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Interim Senior GL Accountant
188 Spear St San Francisco, CA 94105 US
Our client, a digital intelligence company is looking for an Interim Senior GL Accountant who can step in over the next two weeks and have the experience with general ledger close responsibilities to support their team by focusing on close activities and operational accounting requirements.
This role will be in a hybrid modality at their offices in San Francisco, CA., 2 days per week. This role will have a duration of 2-3 months and will report directly to their CAO.
- Individual contributor, NetSuite experience is critical along with GL operational accounting experience. They wouldn't need any particular technical accounting focus, but have experience with the close process, booking journal entries, reconciling accounts etc.
- Participate in ensuring accurate and timely month end, quarter end and year-end accounting close activities, including being a key point of contact for provided-by-client annual audit requests.
- Support audit requests (PBC lists), documentation requests, auditor coordination for team with Deloitte.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile your assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- GL Accounting experience supporting close for fast-paced tech environments, ability to pick things up quickly.
- Help develop new processes and look for opportunities to improve the speed, accuracy and efficiency of the month end close in your assigned sections. Additionally, look for opportunities to improve working schedules, reconciliations, and quality of documentation to support an efficient year-end audit.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA also nice to have, not required – industry hands-on experience preferred
- Experience working with NetSuite, or another large-scale accounting system
- Experience working in the tech industry in a fast-paced environment
- Must have experience posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, making accruals, and building high quality working papers.
- Industry experience preferred along public accounting/Big 4 or regional firms (nice to have not required), hands on attitude.
- Individual Contributor with strong interpersonal communication skills; comfortable interacting with various depts within the organization.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $55-70 per hour. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.