We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Interim Senior Accountant
4401 Freidrich Lane Suite 302 Austin, TX 78741 US
Interim Senior Accountant
Our client, a health and wellness company offering nutritional supplements, foods, and fitness equipment needs an Interim Senior Accountant to support their team by being responsible for assisting in month-end close, reconciliations, weekly payment runs, processing payroll, analyzing various accounts, supervising accounting and AP staff, as well as working on various ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Controller.
This role is a hybrid role (3 Days Per Week) at their offices located in Austin, TX., and will have a duration of 3 months. This role will report to their Controller.
- Assist with our monthly close process – including preparing recurring entries, performing accounting estimates, verifying appropriate coding of expenditures, and supervising the work of accounting and clerical staff.
- Analyze financial data to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP while identifying problem areas and providing general support to our day-to-day operations.
- Review and/or prepare various monthly account reconciliations – including bank, credit card, and sales tax reconciliations.
- Oversee employee expense report reimbursements (Concur) process.
- Prepare, process, and post payroll on a bi-weekly basis and facilitate payroll reporting for all external and internal users.
- Responsible for the accurate posting of all payroll accruals to our General Ledger.
- Analyze current policies and procedures to develop and implement changes for improved efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with our Company’s internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with external and internal audits including reviewing or preparing ancillary audit schedules, audit footnotes, tax schedules, and tax forms.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Support and act as back-up to other team functions and act as a strong partner to Accounting Managers
- Mentor and develop staff accountants.
- Tax and other compliance to include sales and use tax, estimated tax payments, business license renewals, state annual reports, registering for new jurisdictions, and obtaining sales tax exemption certificates for customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3-5 years of accounting or finance-related experience (Big 4 and/or CPG Industry strongly preferred).
- Exposure to NetSuite or comparable accounting software packages with an intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) accounting knowledge and to research questions as they arise.
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and internal controls, with an ability to identify and find solutions to any control weaknesses.
- Supreme attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact effectively with varying levels of management and personnel across the organization.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills to be able to handle a variety of responsibilities concurrently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and efficiently works under pressure within deadlines or other time-essential constraints.
- A strong desire to work as part of a team with unwavering ethical behavior.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.