We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Interim OTC Revenue Manager
6200 Stoneridge Mall Road , Suite 450 Pleasanton, CA 94588 US
Our client, a facilities management software development company, is looking for an Order to Cash Manager to support their team by being responsible for managing the process of collections, billings, overall AR/invoicing process and putting controls in place to avoid the chaos every close period. Manage the “hodge pot” of activities and requests and support the team through process.
This role will be 100% remote and will have a duration of 6+ months, with the possibility for extension or conversion. This role will report to their Sr. Director, Global Controller, and work closely with Revenue Operations
- 7+ years of AR, Collections, General Accounting, Invoicing, Billings, OTC in SaaS environment, comfortable in agile and fast-moving teams with less structure – curiosity is critical along with customer centric personality.
- Revenue focus is light, not technical, ex. capitalize commission, not heavy revenue accounting knowledge, need to do JEs, light close process, reconciliation, figure out where the problem is for inquiries from accounting team.
- Demonstrate expertise on commercial side in different GTM strategies, coach team on revenue streams (how does that impact AR, Billings, Collections) and how do these streams impact close process
- SFDC very nice to have (or desire to master SFDC) along with Zuora (which they are phasing out) and other systems for research and info gathering billings/invoice data to respond to billings, invoice requests and lead team in day-to-day operations.
- Both recruiters are more interested in candidates with strong motivation to learn new systems and skills and grow with a lean team.
- Lead the respective OTC team members (3 billings analysts and 3 collections analysts) and build excellent team engagement in period end (high volume periods), process improvement and controls/framework around current activities to add structure.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team to ensure that both team and individual team members’ goals are met in line with business requirements and expectations.
- Develop strong relationships with both key internal and external stakeholders, able to articulate complex business and financial concepts in a clear manner.
- Active participation and leadership in process, controls, performance improvement initiatives and ongoing cross-functional projects, promote and role-model a culture of innovation, continuous learning.
- Drive and role-model cross-team collaboration, working closely with Sales Op, finance teams under the Controller’s organization.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting / Finance
- Personality and curiosity to figure out and figure out what happens to improve overall process:
- Short term need to fix immediate problem, how can we make this better to free up more time, not just being satisfied with status quo - following the same way is not the correct attitude
- Longer term focused on process improvement (ex. Bringing the other 3 out of 5 revenue streams out of Zuora, system improvements/enhancements.
- Highly operational, hands-in, in the weeds, start-up mentality needed to overhaul current processes and design an improved process for scalability AR/ Collections/Billings processes.
- Experience with high-growth and fast-paced companies in the SaaS, Tech, Software industries is preferred, specifically in OTC, AR, Billings, Collections in a manager capacity (leading teams)
- Overall systems-savviness, experience with NetSuite and SFDC, advanced Excel, highly detailed oriented
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytic skills and interest in identifying and fixing problems
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly summarize data findings and effectively communicate results to management
- Strong organization skills to be able to manage and prioritize several different activities in parallel.