We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
360 Industrial Court Benicia, CA 94510 US
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client combines shipping logistics with climate-controlled storage in Benicia, California. They feel honored and privileged to still serve eight of our original customers from 1945, and look forward to providing new and current customers with unique transportation and warehousing.
LOCATION: Benicia, CA. This is an in-office role 4-5 days per week.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for all business forecasting and pricing analysis. The FPA will provide analysis in decision-making on all matters operational, financial, and strategic. The FPA will also serve as the Pricing Analyst, responsible for determining the appropriate pricing for company services based on a variety of factors including market research and review of previous sales data and company revenue. A strong candidate combines a strong analytical mindset with technical ability and excellent people skills. As the FPA expert, you will report to the CFO.
- Manages financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Creates variance analysis reports and financial models.
- Dives deeply into financial data; serves as SME providing additional insights.
- Identifies and researches variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Leads real-time financial performance monitoring.
- Escalates any financial issues to management.
- Sets and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives.
- Recommends strategies for increasing financial performance.
- Presents detailed weekly financial reports to managers.
- Collaborates with senior members of the accounting and finance teams.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrates excellent financial and quantitative skills.
- Master Excel & PowerPoint user
- Communicates effectively and demonstrates strong presentation skills.
- Collaborates well with colleagues building strong working relationships.
- Exhibits exceptional leadership skills.
- Works independently using project management skills.
- Manages multiple tasks adapting to a changing & fast paced environment.
- Quick learner with strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a big picture view.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or a related major or equivalent professional experience is required.
- Certified public accountants (CPA) or certified financial analysts (CFA) are preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of financial planning experience.
- Warehouse transportation and logistics industry experience a plus
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $125,000-$185,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.