We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Due Diligence Associate
One Maritime Plaza Suite 2300 San Francisco, CA 94111 US
Our client, an investment management firm with AUM of $9 billion, is looking for a Due Diligence Associate. This role will partner with each of the deal teams to evaluate sell-side deals for potential investment. This role is hybrid in San Francisco.
· Support diligence activities for potential new platform investments across the firm’s five industry groups, including working closely with external advisors (e.g. financial, tax, legal, commercial / market, regulatory, insurance, benefits).
· Work with deal and other operations professionals and other advisors to further develop and execute sell-side diligence plans for portfolio companies.
· Support operations resources group administration related to portfolio performance monitoring.
· Superior project management and ability to multi-task, working on a number of different projects at any given time.
· Excellent quantitative skills and financial acumen.
· Strong writing skills and an ability to synthesize company and industry data effectively.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong work ethic; proven ability to sustain effort through deal “adversity.”
· Highly regarded by clients, peers, and superiors of predecessor organizations.
· Candidates must possess and demonstrate a sincere interest in learning about private equity and leveraged buyout investing.
· Proactive and a self-starter; bias toward taking ownership of projects.
· Intellectually curious and commitment to continuous learning.
· Positive energy and attractive interpersonal skills.
· Team orientation and strong fit with culture founded on the principles of collaboration and perseverance.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ideally 1-3 years of post-undergraduate experience
· Preferred work experience from Transaction Advisory Services, Financial Due Diligence
· Business process and analytic orientation
· Intellectual horsepower combined with a strong work ethic
· Demonstrated academic achievement at a top undergraduate institution
· Strong work references
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $120,000-$170,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.