We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Director of Tech Finance
4514 Travis Street , Suite 330 Dallas, TX 75205 US
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Our client is a global technology platform and a pioneer of creator commerce. They have built and operate the leading creator marketing platform connecting creators, retailers and shoppers via a three-sided marketplace, underpinned by proprietary technology and a rich data repository.
Their platform connects retailers, creators and shoppers with a sophisticated shopping app, trusted tools and technology that makes content instantly shoppable across the web. Their technology enables creators to drive commerce across all of their distribution points on the web, empowering creators to develop, manage and grow their own eCommerce shops. Global retailers utilize the platform to access creator marketing at scale across all distribution channels and to effectively and efficiently manage and measure their creator-allocated advertising spend. For shoppers, the company provides a unique and centralized platform to discover and shop in the context of real, influential people’s lives.
They sit at the intersection of transformative market trends, including the continued disruption of brick and mortar retail in favor of online shopping, and the rapid growth of creator marketing spend as advertisers seek exposure to next-generation shoppers. They are well-positioned to continue to capitalize on these secular shifts as the premier destination for creator commerce.
LOCATION: HQ in Dallas but team is fully remote. They travel to Dallas 4-5 times per year.
The Director, Technology Finance (“Director”) is responsible for supporting and collaborating with the Chief Technology Officer to drive corporate objectives and provide financial planning and analysis services. In this role, the Director will oversee all aspects of the technology expense and headcount annual planning process and will coordinate monthly financial results with the business leadership and the finance team.
Your Key Areas of Focus:
- Deliver high-quality, collaboratively built financial forecasts, annual plans and operational analyses for the Technology team
- Provide decision support to the CTO, business leaders and finance team by conducting financial analysis to drive optimal decision making
- Lead the Technology annual financial planning process, ensuring the plan aligns with overall company goals. The Director will also refresh expectations and explain changes in trends by way of the monthly forecast process
- Partner with CTO, CFO and business unit leadership to create a total cost of ownership model that will enable better return on technology investment tracking and optimal decision making
- Work closely with team members to ensure accurate roll-up of LTK total company financials and headcount tracking
- Provide guidance to finance team that maintains the company's financial planning systems
- Work closely with the Finance team to mature and scale the company's FP&A internal toolset and forecast procedures
- Develop FP&A team members
- 7+ Years of progressive experience
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, economics or other quantitatively oriented fields; MBA preferred
- High integrity, a strong analytical mindset, exceptional organizational skills with an eye towards efficiency, and experience contributing to a high-performance culture
- A strong understanding of financial modeling, forecasting, financial analysis, accounting processes and financial statements
- A strong executive presence, being comfortable with and credibly interfacing with executive leaders
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills and build collaborative relationships with, and consensus among, multiple stakeholders with varying points of view
- Powerful communication skills being able to articulate complicated financial concepts to non-financial audiences
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint with Google Suite experience preferred
- A passion for technology, Creator commerce and the evolution of digital marketplaces
- Experience supporting Engineering organizations
- A track record of exceeding expectations
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- The ability to work to deadlines and juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- A mix of private and public company experience
- Experience with modern FP&A tools