We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Director of Payroll & Equity Administration
5403 Betsy Ross Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 US
Director of Payroll and Equity Administration
Our client is the global leader in developing and commercializing products to transform the treatment of cardiovascular disease. They are a hi-growth, publicly traded company whose Q1 revenues increased over 70% over the same period in 2022. They are continuing to grow both internationally and domestically.
The company went public less than 5 years ago and they continue to develop the infrastructure to support becoming a $1B company. Candidates who thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environments will find this to be a great fit. They also recently announced an acquisition and there could be more acquisitions to come. The finance and accounting group also has team events offsite quarterly.
LOCATION: Santa Clara on hybrid basis. Finance is there 3 days per week and flexible on the days.
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the Director of Payroll and Equity Administration oversees the company’s global payroll and stock administration function. The Director of Payroll and Equity administration will drive the strategic design, development, management, implementation and administration of global payroll as well as hands-on, end-to-end administration of the global equity plans. The ideal candidate will have at least eight years of public company experience, expert using E*Trade/EEO platforms and be exceptionally organized, self-motivated, responsible, flexible, deadline-oriented, detail-oriented and resourceful.
Essential Job functions
· Oversee global payroll function
· Drive improvements and efficiencies by partnering with HR and other organizations to establish best-in-class processes for global payroll and related programs
· Manage RSU releases, exercise of stock options and equity compensation reporting
· Responsible for payroll and equity SOX controls documentation and compliance
· Lead the US and international payroll transformation efforts, including ensuring a seamless move to any new payroll platforms
· Identifying US and global payroll and equity optimization opportunities and driving the subsequent implementation of related projects.
· Administer the company’s equity plans for all employees
· Support employee understanding of equity awards and company programs and policies and provide live and recorded presentations to new and existing employees
· Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function
· Implement best practices with effective SOX controls, and assist with automation of routine work streams and manual processes to enable efficient, accurate and timely processing of equity award data
· Assist with preparation of stock-related sections of 10Qs, 10Ks and Proxy Statements
· Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
· Familiarity with business practices and cultures across multiple international regions
· Assist legal team with review of newly proposed 10b5-1 trading plans and process trades manually under existing plans
· Perform other duties and ad hoc requests as requested
· 10+ years of experience in payroll and/or equity
· ADP and Etrade/EEO experience required
· Relevant experience in administration of global payroll and equity plans
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Strong working knowledge of equity plans and various equity award types
· Ability to function in a fast-paced, stressful environment
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and internal/external partners
· Excellent project management skill
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $195,000-$235,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.