We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Director of Accounting
San Francisco, CA 94134 US
Our client is changing the way software is built. They have developed the fastest way to build internal tools, saving companies time, resources, and engineering bandwidth. Whether it’s refunding orders, underwriting loans, managing marketplaces, rolling out new features, analyzing transactions, or providing customer support, the Company makes it dramatically faster and easier to build internal tools that teams need. They believe that the future of software development lies in being a force multiplier for developers and technical builders, helping them move considerably faster building a lot more software.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA. Hybrid. They go in three days a week – M, T, and R. There is free parking onsite.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ABOUT THE TEAM:
You will join a small, mighty and growing Finance team that aspires to serve customers across the business with high-quality financial reporting and insights. In addition to working with different Finance team members, you will also partner with teams across the business as we establish processes and the infrastructure required to support our growing business.
WHY WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU:
The Company is scaling quickly! To support this growth and help them achieve theri long-term vision of changing the way software is built, they are laying the foundation for a world-class Finance and Accounting team. This team will serve as the “source of truth,” developing high-integrity financials that provide visibility into business performance, delivering insights that drive strategic decisions, and establishing operational rigor so we effectively manage our cash and risk. The Director of Corporate Accounting will be essential in helping us build and scale this capability.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Company is looking for a strong Corporate Accounting leader to join our growing accounting team. Reporting to the Controller, the Director of Corporate Accounting will be the focal point for day-to-day accounting operations, month-end close and financial reporting. This individual will manage a growing team, working cross functionally with our Finance, People, Engineering teams, as well as other key stakeholders, to execute on critical work streams. As the Director of Accounting, you will be a key leader within the broader Finance team and have the opportunity to own different Accounting functions, contribute to the development of the Accounting team strategy, help build policies and processes and implement systems and tools. This position will be hands-on with a need to both be in the detail, and take a step back to drive strategy. As a fast-growing business, there will be ample opportunities to lead special projects, which will enable you to expand your skill set while helping the Company build new accounting capabilities.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Manage General Ledger Accounting and own month-end close and consolidation
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, and develop strategies to improve efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability, including the development and execution of policy, processes, and systems changes
- Manage global payroll
- Manage a growing team of accounting professionals
- Provide coaching, training and guidance to new and existing staff as well as career mentorship on an ongoing basis
- Manage US and UK tax compliance
- Support monitoring and adoption of GAAP accounting standards
- Support external audit requirements
- Own month-end reporting and variance analysis, investigate differences and support the FP&A team on explaining results
- Assist in and/or lead ad hoc projects as necessary
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 3+ years of management experience and 4+ years at a Big 4 public accounting firm (preferred)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment
- Experience in NetSuite preferred
- Subject matter expertise in GAAP and strong experience with internal controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and informal communication skills
- Exceptional people manager skills, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done
- Proven ability to work across many departments with varying levels of staff and management to solve problems and achieve results
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills, efficient, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement