We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Director Of Retail Sales Strategy (Temp To Hire)
4401 Freidrich Lane Suite 302 Austin, TX 78741 US
Director of Retail Sales Strategy (Temp To Hire)
Our client, a health and wellness company offering nutritional supplements, foods, and fitness equipment is looking for a Director of Retail Sales Strategy.
Preference for this role would be a hybrid work model based at their offices located in Austin, TX; however, the client is open to strong remote candidates able to work within the Central Time Zone. The role will have a preliminary duration of 3+ months.
- Partner with cross-functional business counterparts to develop annual business plans and analyze year-to-date performance and historical trends; collaborate with responsible parties to develop action plans to close any identified gaps.
- Work cross-functionally with key partners in marketing, operations, and analytics to develop business insights that uncover audience growth levers and opportunities to improve customer value.
- Update weekly/monthly presentations and provide relevant context for business reviews with leadership.
- Develop presentations and analytical material to be presented to senior and executive management.
- Develop, monitor, and communicate key performance measures that support the company's strategic financial objectives.
- Develop and facilitate the Sales and Marketing planning process ensuring the strategy aligns with our investment allocation.
- Actively monitor performance against our plan and proactively highlight risks and opportunities
- Partner with cross-departmental leaders to define and measure ROI in key investment areas such as retail promotion and performance marketing
- Implement financial/KPI reporting structure for Sales and Marketing groups to assist with strategic decision making
- Partner with Product Development team to assist in pricing and strategy of new products including pricing suggestions, margin analysis, sales channel analysis, and competitive analysis
- Assist sales team with pricing revamp project from a financial lens including margin analysis of current SKUs, price sloping, trade allowance and pricing rollout strategy
- Act as an advisor to the eCommerce leadership team in evaluating current performance and developing long range eCommerce plans to track towards company goals
- Collaborate closely with leaders across the business to understand eCommerce performance trends, analyze and communicate the business impact
- Lead the annual budget setting and monthly forecasting processes, including setting targets, budgeting, communicating assumptions, coordinating, challenging, and providing submissions
- Drive alignment across eCommerce, Business Intelligence and Finance teams, on daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for management, developing consistent KPI's, metrics, and dashboards
- Collaborate on revenue recognition, product costs and margin analysis
- Provide strong ad hoc financial and business decision support on pricing, promotions, merchandising and marketing initiatives
- Identify and drive recommendations to business process changes based on experience, analysis, and standard methodologies for the eCommerce line of business
- Prepare presentations regularly to communicate budgets, forecasts and critical initiatives to senior leadership
- BS / BA in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field; MBA / MS / MA is a plus
- 10+ years of overall experience in professional corporate finance or FP&A leadership
- 5+ years of Finance and / or Strategy Leadership in a high growth company in CPG, branded consumer, or retail
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office programs and planning tools
- Exceptional modelling skills coupled with compelling storytelling prowess
- Comfortable with being individual contributor, manager, and everything in between at the same time
- Ability to challenge the Executive Team on key strategic and operational decisions
- Seamlessly capable of working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including Executive Team and broader Management, and other key internal and external business partners
- A growth mindset backed up by a track record of leveraging past learnings, encouraging new ideas, and smart risk taking in self and others
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build cross functional partnerships to make effective decisions collaboratively
- Executive presence with ability to compel and inspire internal and external audiences