We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
9401 Amberglen Blvd, #100 Austin, TX 78729 US
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Our client is excited to hire a Corporate Controller to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth services and software company that is backed by one of the leading middle market Private Equity firms in the country. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer but will also partner and interact with all levels in the organizations, as well as the leadership team and individuals from the PE firm.
Location: Austin, TX. Hybrid
This critical financial leadership position will have very hands-on responsibility for financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting, building out internal controls, integrating future acquisitions, and leading ad-hoc projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and oversee all accounting functions, including general ledger, revenue recognition, cash receipts and disbursements, payroll, debt compliance, and fixed assets
- Lead, improve upon, and manage the month-end closing process and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of completing the monthly financial package and detailed account reconciliations
- Perform treasury functions, including management of online bank platforms
- Provide technical accounting research on new US GAAP pronouncements and work closely with the external auditors to ensure timely compliance.
- Provide coaching and leadership to build continuous improvement and growth in the finance team members
- Develop, document, and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures. Build and maintain a robust set of internal controls across the company.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local reporting requirements
- Support annual audit and tax work, serving as the main contact with external audit and tax groups
- Lead the bi-weekly payroll processes for the Company in Paycom
- Play a critical role in budgets and forecasts throughout the year
- Ensure compliance with all lender requirements and deadlines, including quarterly debt covenant calculations and continuously forecasting the Company’s ability to meet those objectives.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the integration of future acquisitions
- Lead ad-hoc financial projects as they arise
- 7-10 year track record of progressive financial and accounting experience and growth, including at least two years at a managerial level
- Relevant experience desired includes both in the software industry and also experience in organizations with a large team of professional services staff sold as a service
- Experience managing project-based revenue cycle
- CPA preferred. Must possess a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, especially related to software companies
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to build up a team in a positive, yet accountability-driven manner.
- Possesses the confidence to provide financial leadership outside the accounting organization and understands the role of a finance team is to provide useful and timely financial information to other departments to be able to make sound, critical business decisions.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Has a strong sense of urgency, an eye for the important details, and a strong analytical skillset
- Possesses the ability to anticipate questions
- Has a low-ego mentality