We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Associate Corporate Finance
Four Embarcadero Center, Suite 3300 San Francisco, CA 94111 US
Corporate Finance Associate
Our client is an established real estate investment firm with over $30 billion in AUM across a wide range of investment strategies and asset types across the U.S with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
This role is part of the Corporate Finance and Operations team located in San Francisco. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance with weekly communication and guidance from other professionals. This individual needs to have strong quantitative skills, financial modeling skills and business acumen. This opportunity provides a great learning environment, strong collaboration from various functions across the firm and many growth opportunities.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA. Currently hybrid or remote and when they formally return to the office, they would like the person to be in the office 2-3 days per week.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the preparation of annual corporate budgets and coordinate with various departments, including IT, HR, and accounting teams, to collect data for budget planning
· Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly shareholder / business owner financial reports, including budget to actual variance analyses for revenue and expenses
· Prepare monthly detailed revenue and expense projections for the firm’s four business lines
· Update and maintain management fee projection models and reconcile to accounting records
· Maintain monthly projections for working capital, cash flow and credit facility models
· Update financial models for quarterly valuation of the firm for fair value reporting
· Draft distribution notices and capital call notices to limited partners
· Prepare quarterly distribution statements to shareholders / business owners / limited partners
· Assist with compiling and presenting data required for industry and market surveys
· Quarterly / ad-hoc presentations and other financial reporting deliverables
Skills and Competencies:
· 3-5 years of corporate finance, FP&A reporting, data analysis
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (required) and experience with building financial models
· Proven analytical skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong writing skills as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
· Organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and easily adapt to changing priorities
· Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently
· Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, and entrepreneurship
Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or disability. All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $120,000-$170,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.