We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Director of Accounting or Assistant Corporate Controller
5403 Betsy Ross Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054 US
Our client is a global leader in the life sciences space and they are a high growth publicly traded company. Their Q1 2023 revenue increased more than 60% over the same period in 2022. They are continuing to grow both internationally and domestically and are looking for a strong leader in an Assistant Corporate Controller who can lead multiple direct reports and a team of over 20 people and be successful in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA. Hybrid 3 days per week in office.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Corporate Controller oversees consolidation, month-end close, general ledger, accounts receivables, accounts payable and accruals, inventory, fixed assets, technical accounting, and SEC reporting, etc. Designs operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiency. Lead annual audits, quarterly reviews and special projects. This position involves significant interaction with external auditors, finance staff, and process owners in other functions. Hires, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and own the entire month, quarter and year-end closing process
- Review of monthly consolidated financial statements and perform variance analysis and investigate differences
- Manage the preparation of financial information for audits; and participate in meetings with other functional groups and external auditors
- Design and implement business processes to ensure efficiency and compliance; working with finance and accounting departments when reviewing new accounting programs; and assisting in resolution of accounting problems arising between internal departments.
- Ensure consistent application of accounting policies and practices worldwide.
- Prepare financial information in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements by assisting in the research of regulatory changes; and ensuring the company financial statements are compliant with GAAP.
- Lead and manage external reporting - 10Q and 10K
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans;
- Drive automation of manual processes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of existing processes
- Engage with external auditors as needed
- Manage the account reconciliation process by providing training and guidance to team members; reviewing account reconciliations to ensure accuracy, resolving issues or questions about unusual account balances; driving process improvements for the account reconciliation process; and communicating reconciliation results to the Corporate Controller
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for the team by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 10+ years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- Big 4 and industry blended experience and CPA is required
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is critical to this role
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Has the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Experience analyzing large amounts of financial data
- Must have demonstrated presentation skills and able to easily present financial data in a clear and concise manner
- Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Oracle Fusion experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements a plus
- Medical Device Manufacturing or Manufacturing industry experience preferred
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned or negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $195,000-$235,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.