We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
560 Mission Street, Suite 1600 San Francisco, CA 94014 US
Innovating with a Digital Mindset
Our client is a leader in digital product engineering. They help our clients design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world. By integrating their strategic design, complex engineering, and vertical industry expertise with the company's Operating Technology and Information Technology capabilities, they help their clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses.
How We Can Help
Our client helps brands create value across the entire product lifecycle — not just by developing cutting-edge technology, but also by helping make mature products more relevant to digitally-savvy consumers. In an increasingly digital world, they place the consumer at the center of every interaction. They show businesses how they can better engage their consumers, innovate within predictable budgets, and bring the next generation of digital products and services to market in the shortest possible time. By using human-centered design practices, superior engineering skills, and Agile delivery — they help customers re-imagine their business, consumer interactions, and develop innovative products and services, with an accelerated time-to-market.
LOCATION: Santa Clara, CA. Employees are coming into the office three days a week (Tuesday, Thursday, and one day of their choice). Hiring manager is very understanding and will offer a ton of flexibility on start and end time.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Assistant Corporate Controller will be responsible for a variety of financial functions including the month-end close, account and fluctuation analysis, audits, leading day to day accounting operations (payroll, G/L and A/P), developing and maintaining internal controls, accounting research, and process improvements. The Assistant Corporate Controller will be directly and indirectly managing a team of ~16 people and will be handling the US and a few international entities. The Assistant Corporate Controller is expected to function at a high level of expertise and competency and use sound judgment while producing consistent results. Problem solving and initiative, with a strong desire to analyze, investigate, and resolve are essential elements for success in this position.
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- Ownership of the monthly accounting close and reporting
- Review and/or preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting schedules/reconciliations etc, including areas such as accruals and A/P, payroll, bank, prepaids, intercompany, fixed assets, income tax and credit cards.
- P&L/Balance Sheet fluctuation analysis.
- Bank Accounts, Payroll, Purchase Order process management.
- Annual statutory (country specific) and consolidated audits.
- Mentoring/training/supervising accounting staff.
- Participate in continuous process improvement to streamline, document and automate processes as well as enhance internal controls.
- Accounting research.
- Other Accounting projects/tasks and ad-hoc reporting.
- 7+ years public accounting and industry experience in a large international company with a proven ability to manage.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA License required.
- Big 4 experience a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and internal controls.
- Experience with large integrated ERP (Oracle R12 is current ERP system) and financial reporting systems.
- Solid attention to detail with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Desire to work across departments to improve processes and resolve issues.
- Able to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities while resolving problems quickly to meet deadlines.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to mentor other accounting staff
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions for improved efficiency and service.