We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
100 Hooper St, San Francisco, California San Francisco, CA 94107 US
Our client, a Series C, motor vehicle manufacturing company, is looking or an Interim Accounting Specialist to support their rapid growth tech startup during a season of growth.
This role will be on-site at their office in San Francisco, CA. The role will have a duration of 4 months with possibility to extend or convert and will report to their Accounting Manager.
This role will focus on the following:
- Identifying existing company vendors used for sourcing parts
- Determining whether each vendor is based in the US or outside of the US
- Determining which US vendors are based in California
- Identifying which product lines the vendor has been used for sourcing
- Identifying the $$$ amount of the parts, by product, the vendor has been used for
- Completing the appropriate exemptions certificates for each vendor (our client will provide training)
- Assist with month-end closing as needed
- Assist in the development of documenting business processes and accounting policies to
- maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Help in the integration of various Finance systems
- Help in data entry associated with accounts payable
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- At least 1 year of experience with State & Local Tax filings in a public accounting firm (preferred) OR 2+ years of experience in overall combined private company general ledger/audit experience
- Intermediate Proficiency in Excel and/or Google sheets (vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Impeccable organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Self-motivated, self-directed and excited to step outside the role and help in a variety of matters
- Experience in manufacturing and/or software companies is a plus
- Strong ability to quanitify accomplishments verbally
- Passion for making an environmental impact with the electric vehicle solution
- Ability to learn and influence quickly, think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and often ambiguous work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence senior leadership and cross-functional teams
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $40 - $48 per hour. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.