We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Accounting Operations Manager
4801 Plaza on the Lake Drive, Austin, TX 78746 US
Our client is a cooperatively owned wholesale bank that finances agriculture and rural America. They fund rural lending co-ops, so they can make loans to farmers, ranchers, agricultural businesses, and rural property owners. Their bank is a part of the Farm Credit System, the nation’s oldest and largest source of rural financing. They have been a trusted name in rural communities for over 100 years. They currently provide funding and services to 14 lending co-ops that finance rural real estate, agribusiness and agricultural production. They are also active in the Capital Markets, participating in large loans to agribusiness companies and infrastructure providers. The 14 lending co-ops are in Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and New Mexico.
LOCATION: Austin, TX. Hybrid. 3 days in office.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are searching for an Accounting Operations Supervisor. This role assists the Assistant Controller with the direction of the organization's accounting functions. Areas of focus include Bank accounting operations including IT accounting, debt and investment accounting, support of District accounting practices, cost billing, and accounting financial systems implementation and management. Directly supervises lead accountant, analyst, senior accountants, and accounting specialists in Bank Accounting and Reporting department.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Bank’s accounting operations groups. Responsibilities include general ledger, project accounting and duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the oversight of the monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger close process of the Bank. Responsibilities include the completion of the monthly fluctuation analysis, the monthly budget variance analysis and other reports as requested.
- Works with the accounting staff and employees in other Bank departments to prepare the Bank's annual operating expense budget.
- Analyzes emerging accounting principles and regulatory standards to ensure compliance in this area. Coordinates and monitors these principles and standards and their impact upon the District's financial applications systems.
- Writes e-mails and memos informing the Associations of various issues and procedural changes.
- Participates in departmental planning and goal setting.
- Prepares and delivers oral and written presentations to various internal and external audiences.
- Responsibility for Operational Expense Budget process for Accounting and Reporting and the Farm Credit Bank of Texas.
- Provides oversight of Information Technology Accounting in analysis of IT metrics and other budgetary analysis and reporting as requested by the Chief Information Officer.
- Provides assistance in hiring and obtaining staff resources for the department for areas of direct responsibility. Supervises existing staff, including day-to-day operations and direction and completion of annual employee evaluations.
- Ensures adequate documentation and controls are in place to meet the Bank's Sarbanes-Oxley objectives.
- Maintain the accounting for the various payables and accruals for the Bank as needed.
- Performs other project work as directed by the Director of Accounting Operations and/or Assistant Controller.
- Responsible for managing the monthly general ledger account reconciliation review process. This responsibility includes the review and monitoring of reconciliations received from various employees and functional areas to ensure accounts are reconciled monthly and that reconciling items are resolved in a timely manner
- CPA Preferred
- 7+ years of experience in financial operations,
- 2+ years of management experience
- Ability to resolve complex issues and direct staff resources
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills