We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Accounting Operations- Sr. Manager
4801 Plaza on the Lake Drive, Austin, TX 78746 US
Our client is a cooperatively owned wholesale bank that finances agriculture and rural America. They fund rural lending co-ops, so they can make loans to farmers, ranchers, agricultural businesses, and rural property owners. Their bank is a part of the Farm Credit System, the nation’s oldest and largest source of rural financing. They have been a trusted name in rural communities for over 100 years. They currently provide funding and services to 14 lending co-ops that finance rural real estate, agribusiness and agricultural production. They are also active in the Capital Markets, participating in large loans to agribusiness companies and infrastructure providers. The 14 lending co-ops are in Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and New Mexico.
LOCATION: Austin, TX. Hybrid. 3 days in office.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The company is searching for an Accounting Operations Sr. Manager. This position assists the Assistant Controller with the direction of the organization's accounting functions. Areas of focus include Bank accounting operations including IT accounting, support of District accounting practices, cost billing, and accounting financial systems implementation and management. Directly supervises accounting managers, lead accountants, analysts, senior accountants, and accounting specialists in the Bank Accounting and Reporting department.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Bank’s accounting operations groups. Responsibilities include general ledger, accounts payable and fixed assets.
- Responsible for the oversight of the monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger close process of the Bank. Responsibilities include the completion of the monthly fluctuation analysis, the monthly budget variance analysis and other reports as requested.
- Works with the accounting staff and employees in other Bank departments to prepare the Bank's annual operating expense budget.
- Analyzes emerging accounting principles and regulatory standards to ensure compliance in this area. Coordinates and monitors these principles and standards and their impact upon the District's financial applications systems.
- Ensures that processes and documentation for usage of Concur Expense and Concur Invoice systems are up-to date and follow best practices for both the Bank and District associations.
- Writes e-mails and memos informing the Associations of various issues and procedural changes.
- Participates in departmental planning and goal setting.
- Prepares and delivers oral and written presentations to various internal and external audiences.
- Serves as a liaison with the Information Technology Department for financial product development. Assists with the resolution of problems and prioritizing of enhancements to financial software.
- Provides oversight of Information Technology Accounting in analysis of IT metrics and other budgetary analysis and reporting as requested by the Chief Information Officer.
- Oversight of the operational expense budget process for cost centers at the Bank.
- Key liaison with Associations around General Ledger systems, accounts, branches and other details needed for daily functions and month-end close process.
- Provides assistance in hiring and obtaining staff resources for the department for areas of direct responsibility. Supervises existing staff, including day-to-day operations and direction and completion of annual employee evaluations and on-going staff development
- Ensures adequate documentation and controls are in place to meet the Bank's Sarbanes-Oxley objectives. With procedural documentation available and up-to-date. Compliance with internal control standards and Internal Controls over Financial Reporting guidelines, including process functionality within the software financial system, if applicable.
- Performs other project work as directed by the Assistant Controller.
- CPA Preferred
- 7+ years of experience in financial operations,
- 2+ years of management experience
- Ability to resolve complex issues and direct staff resources
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills