We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
37 Graham Street , Suite 200B San Francisco, CA 94129 US
Our client, a private real estate investment company, is looking for an Accounting Consultant to support their Accounting team in maintaining accurate books and managing day-to-day financial operations in accordance with the accounting policies and procedures.
This role will be onsite 2-3 days per week at their offices located in the Presidio of San Francisco (a free shuttle to/from BART is available). The role will have a duration of 3 months with the possibility of extension and will report to their Accounting Manager.
- Maintain journal entries, bank and general ledger reconciliations for partnership and fund investments and monthly closes.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly financial statements and other regulatory filings.
- Record and reconcile investor capital activity and investment entity activity.
- Research and identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records, communicate them to management, and provide corrective actions.
- Process monthly close process, including performing reviews and preparing reconciliations.
- Work with investor relations team to address investor inquiries or requests and ensure investor portal is up to date regarding capital contributions and distributions and assist team in maintaining investment records among accounting and investor portal systems.
- Prepare investment funding requests, wires, and internal transfers, in a timely manner.
- Maintain organized and thorough accounting documentation.
- Respond to internal inquiries in a timely fashion and prepare ad-hoc reports requested by management/other departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 3+ years of General Ledger Accounting experience
- Experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) basis accounting required.
- Prior working experience in real estate accounting desired.
- Yardi experience highly preferred; in lieu of Yardi experience, must have a Tier 1 ERP and Real Estate Accounting experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Must be very organized and effective at prioritizing multiple projects with shifting deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience of RealPage, AvidXchange and MRI helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $50 - $68 per hour. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.