We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
(Senior) Manager, Accounts Payable
681 Gateway Blvd South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Our client synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. They work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
LOCATION: This position is in the office (Portland or South San Francisco) three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday).
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Company is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Manager, Accounts Payable to join their accounting team. This position will be a hybrid position for our Wilsonville, Oregon location, reporting to the Director of Accounting. This position will be responsible for the hands-on operational management of the accounts payable function for the Portland Factory of the Future (FOF), all accounts payable and travel and expense reimbursement functions. This position will also support the Company's financial reporting process by ensuring accuracy, integrity, compliance, and timeliness in all areas of responsibility. The ideal candidate will have operational experience in a variety of areas including accounts payable, SAP, travel and expense reimbursement, cash management, the financial close processes, controls/SOX, reviews, systems, and project management. In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and business partnership skills, have a strong work ethic, be committed to continuous learning and improvement, and a strong desire to drive change.
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable FOF function
- Oversees and provides leadership to the Accounts Payable FOF team, including hiring, onboarding, training, coaching and development
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures, policies, key performance indicators and metrics, and related systems related to Accounts Payable
- Supports the month end close process, including ownership of sub-ledger schedules, reconciliations, and related manual journal entries
- Manages SOX processes and controls within assigned areas of responsibility; actively identifies any gaps and/or new controls required and takes action to remediate any deficiencies
- Provides oversight and review over Form 1099 reporting and other Accounts Payable related compliance reporting requirements
- Drives continuous improvement and standardization in the procure to pay workstream by leading projects to implement automation and improve processes with the goal of achieving better productivity and efficiency
- Builds and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to optimize the procure to pay process to deliver accurate and timely results and support to a growing employee base
- Responsible for leading the global expansion of the accounts payable function, working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, and outside service providers to design, document and streamline processes
- Supports annual audit and quarterly review requests from external auditors
- Accounts Payable ERP and SAP experience required
- Superior management skills with demonstrated experience leading and developing an accounts payable team of at least three team members
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and strong understanding of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat skills required
- Strong understanding of and experience with SOX, preparing, reviewing, and owning controls and narrative updates in areas of responsibility
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Robust problem-solving and analytical skills with a desire to champion projects
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including written communication, to establish and maintain strong working relationships and effective interactions across functional areas and with senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years of accounts payable and other relevant experience in a public company; minimum 2 years in a leadership role
- Experience with and knowledge of managing Accounts Payable, cash disbursement functions, three-way match, employee expense reporting, and month-end accruals; international/foreign exchange experience a plus
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $155,000-$195,000. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.