We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
(Senior) Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA 94134 US
Our client is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests -- including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, the Company guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. They are on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA. They also have offices in SF, LA, Denver and NY and would hire candidates in any of these locations. The accounting team is in the office a few times per month.
About The Role
This is a hybrid role based out of our San Francisco office.
They’re looking for an experienced and passionate accounting manager who is eager to learn and willing to take on new challenges. Their team is cross-functional, so you will work closely with members from various departments.
In This Role, You Will
- Oversee operational processes and accounting, including cost allocations, fixed assets, cash, prepaid expenses, and other short and long-term assets/liabilities
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, preparation of disclosure schedules for financial filings, and fluctuation analysis
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with US GAAP, internal policies, and external audits
- Record ASC 718 expense
- Manage sales and local taxes filing and compliance
- Assist leadership with special projects
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close process, ensuring timeliness
- Manage the international entity accounting close process, including recording foreign entity transactions
- Collaborate with other Finance and cross-functional teams on a monthly basis to close matters and other initiatives
- Manage international statutory audits and financial statements, including working directly with international auditors and ensuring timely compliance with local regulations
- Work on process optimization and automation efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness on a continuous basis using technology solutions and automation
- Participate in other assignments and ad hoc projects as required
- 8+ years of experience in accounting and/or audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field of study
- Big 4 audit firm experience preferred
- CPA (or equivalent) required
- Experience with high-growth companies, ideally in the Software SaaS industry
- Strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- NetSuite ERP experience is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a healthy work-life balance
- 20 vacation days (and we expect you to take them!)
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (100% employee and 75% dependent PPO, HMO, VSP Choice)
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other resources to support professional growth
- Paid Family Leave, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits, Wellness benefits
- 40 hours of annual paid time off to participate in volunteer programs of choice