We’re very close to the companies we work with. If your application is a match, we’ll reach out to you. And you can trust us to never show you to a client without talking to you first. We hope to meet you soon!
Interim Revenue Senior or Manager
188 Spear St , Suite 1000 San Francisco, CA 94105 US
Our client, a digital intelligence company is looking for an Interim Revenue Senior or Manager with a combo of operational and technical revenue accounting experience, to support their team by focusing on
operational and technical revenue accounting, and will also work with key stakeholders will be revenue deal desk/sales finance teams.
This role will be in a hybrid modality at their offices in San Francisco, CA., 2 days per week. This role will have a duration of 2-3 months and will report directly to their CAO.
- Individual contributor, revenue accounting consultant with expertise in Variable Consumption calculations and treatment. Industry background can be from renewable energy, utilities, data centers, digital realty, etc.
- Understand pricing (ex. Kilowatt price calculation), recurring revenue layered into minimum amount, charge components based on usage, allocation of contract, etc. and overall revenue calculations under Variable Consumption guidance to support revenue accounting team and provide guidance to team.
- Review contracts and ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance ASC 606-10-32, Variable Consumption guidelines.
- Implement systems and processes related to new product lines to ensure scalable revenue processes.
- Support monthly close process for revenue-related areas (revenue, accounts receivable, deferred revenue etc.) in NetSuite
- Other systems nice to have – Zuora, RevPro
- They are currently using mostly spreadsheet to track revenue calculations – need to be data centric.
- Manage information requests for external audits.
- Manage month-end revenue close process including revenue analysis.
- Prepare various technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures related to revenue.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA also nice to have, not required – industry hands-on experience preferred
- Experience working with NetSuite, or another large-scale accounting system
- Experience working in the tech industry in a fast-paced environment
- Industry experience preferred along public accounting/Big 4 or regional firms (nice to have not required), hands on attitude.
- Individual Contributor with strong interpersonal communication skills; comfortable interacting with various depts within the organization.
Determining compensation for this role (and others) at Vaco depends upon a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, office location and other geographic considerations, as well as other business and organizational needs. With that said, as required by local law, Vaco believes that the following salary range reasonably estimates the base compensation for an individual hired into this position in geographies that require salary range disclosure: $70-100 per hour. The individual may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses.